Freitag, 6. Mai 2011

Micro Cell 2000 Nail Repair

My nails are horrible at the moment. It probably thanks to the fact, that I change my polish almost daily, well ... I decided to try Micro Cell 2000. It is a nailhardener that claims to replenish your nails, as well as harden them and help them grow quicker. I use the "Matt" formula, which works the same as the regular, glossy one, it just looks satiny.

You are supposed to put on one coat the first day, another the next. Then on the third day remove it with nail polish remover (it says to use the Micro Cell one, but normal remover should do just fine) and repeat. You are supposed to do that for 2-3 weeks. After that, it is recomended to use it as a basecoat once a week.

It is a milky white liquid in a square nail polish bottle with a long, skinny brush that works quite well. It contains 2% Formaldehyde (no discussions about the stuff. I know about all the issues concerning health, if that is an issue for you, I suggest reading up on it and decide for yourself if you want to use it), which is quite hefty. It is meant for weak and brittle nails, but if your nails are too thin (after removal of acrylics for example) it's recomended to use the "Light" formula, which has less Formaldehyde.

It's not cheap at around 12€ ($17,50)!!! But it has very good reviews all around.

Yesterday was my first day and I will keep you updated how it goes.

--

Meine Nägel sind wirklich furchtbar im Moment. Das ist wahrscheinlich der Tatsache zu verdanken, dass ich meinen Lack gerne mal alle zwei Tage wechsle. Ich habe mich entschieden Micro Cell 2000 auszuprobieren. Ein Nagelhärter, der verspricht die Nägel nicht nur zu härten, sondern auch wichtige Stoffe zuzuführen und zu schnellerem Wachstum zu verhelfen. Ich habe die Matte Formel, die identisch ist zur normalen, ausser, dass sie satiniert trocknet und nicht glänzend.

Die Instruktionen besagen den Lack am ersten Tag einmal aufzutragen, am nächsten Tag eine zweite Schicht und am dritten Tag alles ablackieren mit Nagellack Entferner und danach wieder alles von vorne. Das soll man für 2-3 Wochen durchführen, danach dann den Lack einmal die Woche als Unterlack verwenden.

Es ist eine milchig weisse Flüssigkeit in einer eckigen Nagellackflasche mit langem, schmalen Pinselchen, der aber wirklich gut funktioniert. Enthalten sind 2% Formaldehyd (bitte keine Diskussionen über die Gefährlichkeit dieses Produktes, wenn das ein Problem sein sollte, schlage ich vor sich zu informieren und dann selbst zu entscheiden, ob man dieses Produkt nutzen möchte oder nicht.), was ganz schön heftig ist. Das Produkt ist für schwache, brüchige Nägel gedacht, allerdings ist es für sehr dünne Nägel (z.B. nach der Entfernung von Kunstnägel) zu stark. Da wird die "Light" Formel empfohlen, mit weniger Formaldehyd.

Das ganze ist nicht billig mit ca. 12€, allerdings verspricht es sehr gute Ergebnisse.

Gestern war mein erster Tag und ich werde euch auf dem Laufenden halten.

2 Kommentare:

  1. Best of luck with this. Can't wait to see if it helps you or not.
    I had the same problem...my nails are strong, but they were getting dry and peeling. I searched and searched and finally decided to try Deborah Lippmann's Rehydrating basecoat and it's been the HG for my nails. I hope this Micro Cell 2000 turns out to be yours!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi!
    I do have some problems with my nails too right now.. They're under treatment, I use a nail hardener my friend Ruxi sent me. I'm supposed not to wear any polish at all for a whole week - and that's sooooo hard for a polish maniac like myself.
    also Wanted to say that.. you have an award on my blog! ;)
    God luck with the treatment!

    AntwortenLöschen